Saturday, February 3, 2007

Week 1, Thing 2
I think in this lesson we were supposed to talk about the easiest and hardest (for us) of the 7 1/2 habits of highly successful lifelong learners.
I might pick Habit 1 as the easiest for me since I frequently set goals for myself. As yet, however, I don't know the end of these lessons, but my goal now would be to complete them and learn new technology in the process.
Which brings me to the hardest for me--Habit 6 "Use technology to your advantage." I find that while customers in the library look to me for answers to their questions on the computers, I really know just a small part of what is available on a computer and on the Internet. There is so much to know and it increases every day. I always seem several years behind the rest of the world in learning new technology. But when I do learn it, I try to use it to my advantage.
I have found that other people are very willing to share their knowledge with me. I am finding, also, that nurturing other people helps me learn.

No comments: