Tuesday, March 20, 2007

LibraryThing

Week 8, Thing 19
I just created a LibraryThing account. I added 8 titles that I collected yesterday of true stories about pets. I typed them in and it was really easy because the LibraryThing did all the work for me. I then tried to link it to my blog. That was where I got stuck because I copied like I thought I was supposed to and then tried to go to layout in my blog. When I tried to add it to the HTML, however, I couldn't figure out how to do it. I ran out of time before I had to help at the desk. Then later I tried again and the link went through. I don't know what I did the second time that I didn't do the first time.
Only 5 titles show at a time of the 8 I entered, but I guess that is what they mean by "random titles" on my blog. I clicked on a few and found that some of them were only listed by one other person and some were listed by a thousand or so. I looked at some of the discussions and I might go back and look at more later.

No comments: