Saturday, March 17, 2007

Week 7, Thing 16
Finally, something with which I am a little familiar! Only because the youth services has a wiki. I'm not touching it, however, until I have more training. Someone helped me add an entry and then I tried to add one by myself. Instead of adding my entry, I erased everything by accident! Someone had to re-instate the entries for me.
For this assignment, I looked up wikis and learned about "wiki farms" and I discovered that the youth services "pbwiki" stands for peanut butter wiki!
Then I looked at "Wikis: A Beginners Look" and viewed the slides. Toward the bottom I found a link that led me to an interesting article called "Using Wikis to Create Online Communities." I printed the article because I was afraid I would never be able to find the article again. Then I saw that a link to it was on our lesson page!
I like the idea of posting suggested programs, workshops, and whatever for others to find and use. Let's not all re-invent the wheel. Share. Now I just have to figure out how to add to it correctly.

No comments: