Wednesday, March 21, 2007

YouTube

Week 9, Thing 20
I explored YouTube and tried loading the sample "Rock 'n' Roll Library" but it wouldn't load. Maybe it was just too busy. Then I found a funny video from Sesame Street called "No Cookies in the Library" and wanted to add it to my blog. I clicked on "sign in" before I opened an account with YouTube and then when I tried to open an account it said that my name was already taken (it turns out it was me). I got that straightened out and thought I added it. Then I tried to find a YouTube video that I had seen a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't remember the name of it. It was a commercial about how sometimes books find the answer faster than a computer. While I was looking for it, I found a video about a 10-year-old boy who started a town library and now has 10,000 books in it. I added that one to my blog. The note in the instructions said that I would need to use Blogger's Edit HTML tab when pasting this code, but I seemed to load it to my blog without using that. I went back and checked my blog and the 10-year-old boy was on it, but not the Sesame Street video. Since I remembered the name of the first video, I was able to find it in the search bar at the top right and added it easily.
One confusing part was when YouTube asked me what type of blog I had and the two most likely choices were Blogger and Blogger Beta. I thought I didn't have the beta version, but it wouldn't go through until I chose Blogger Beta.
I found that the loading of the video was easier than the directions led me to believe. Finally, something that was easier than I thought!

No comments: