Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12
I looked at the Rollyo site and clicked on "Rare Book Library Search" and then clicked on "list of sites" and it gave me three choices. The first one, catalogue.bl.uk, needed a password so I skipped that one. The second one was theeuropeanlibrary.org and I tried St. Patrick's Day under "Children's literature" but it said there was nothing in the Serbian Library (I don't know why it checked only that one!). Then I clicked on redlightgreen.com and the page said that access ended on 5 November 2006. While I was standing there trying to figure out what to do, it kicked me over to worldcat.org. So I checked a book that a friend has written recently, Geek to Chic, and I found that the closest copy was in the San Leandro Community Library (other than the copy I bought!).
I then opened a rollyo account and typed in some urls dealing with lost/found pets sites. At this point I couldn't figure out how to get a link from my rollyo account to my blog. I spent several frustrating minutes clicking back and forth and still couldn't figure it out. Then I thought maybe if I wrote my post, it would be obvious how to link my rollyo.
So here's goes....
http://www.rollyo.com/search.html?q=cats&sid=279390

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

On Rollyo.com, go to tools, then click on Put a Rollyo Searchbox on Your Site. You'll have to copy the info they give you and paste it onto your blog. Let us know if you have problems.