Friday, March 9, 2007

Week 5, Thing 11
For this assignment, I looked at the short list of award winning sites. I chose craigslist since I was already a little familiar with it and I wanted to explore it more. What amazes me is that it covers so much of the world!
I saw a cat yesterday that is living at the edge of a hiking park. Its coloring is like a wild spotted/striped cat, very unusual. The cat is very friendly and looks well-fed. I talked with a neighbor who said the cat had been there about a year. So I wanted to check craigslist to see if anyone had lost it. Craigslist did have many entries for lost pets, but the listing didn't go back far enough for my purposes.
Many of the ads included photos of the lost/found pets which would be very useful for determining if the pets were yours.
I'm not sure how this site would help in a library setting.
I also checked "judy's book" but it seems to cover mostly shopping sites which doesn't interest me as much.
Technorati also covered many sites which looked good, but not enough to interest me right now.
I was fascinated by the map at the left of the lesson page--the one that shows where in the world people are doing our lessons. Amazing! There are people following these all over the world!

No comments: