Monday, March 26, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22
I had signed up for an e-book account when we first got them and looked at it then so I could tell customers about it, but I never used it myself so I had forgotten my password.
This time I looked at the netlibrary and the others. Most of the titles I checked were not in the collections (maybe they were too new) and when I did find one that looked interesting, it was in use. I was interested that they offered "similar items" to view instead. I also liked that it gave you a printed sample of what was in the book.
I tried the World eBook Fair and couldn't figure out what it was. Later I realized it was the wrong site. I clicked on Project Gutenberg and that link made more sense. It looks like it has a lot of classics that might help students on that last-minute assignment after the libraries are closed for the evening.

No comments: